Dear colleagues, dear friends of ESSV,
the Conference on Electronic Speech Signal Processing (ESSV 2018) will take place for the first time at Ulm University. The goal of ESSV is to bring together everyone interested in the field of speech technology research and applications.
Ulm has a long history in speech technology research starting at AEG-Telefunken in the 70´s by developing speech recognition and synthesis algorithms. Today the entire spectrum of speech technology development from research to product development is covered in Ulm. The Institute of Communications Engineering at the University of Ulm has research focus areas in communication theory and dialog systems. Nuance Communications develops automotive speech solutions covering the entire chain from signal processing to speech dialog implementation. Daimler AG does research and development of automotive voice control systems from dialog design to system tests in the car.
The ESSV Conference covers a wide range of areas in speech processing. We invite you to contribute to the following topics which will be presented as oral paper presentations, poster sessions, and demo sessions:
- Speech recognition and natural language understanding
- Speech synthesis and natural language generation
- Measuring, processing, and modeling articulation
- Phonetic, syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic aspects in technical applications
- Multimodal dialog systems
- Models of speech and language learning
- Acoustic and visual pattern recognition
- Musical, biological, and technical signals – applications and processing
- Applications in medical, healthcare, and rehabilitation technologies
- Cognitive and neural systems
- Speech technology in industrial and home environments – particularly automotive, logistics and telecommunications sectors
We welcome contributions on related topics, as well as progress reports or theoretical discussions. The conference will be held in German and English. Moreover, delegates from research, industry, and public institutions are welcome without submitted papers, as are interested students. All submissions will appear in conference proceedings published in the series “Studientexte zur Sprachkommunikation” by TUDpress.
Keynote lectures will be held by:
- Michael McTear, Ulster University
- Geert-Jan Kruijff, Nuance Communications
- Gerhard Schmidt, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel
- Friedhelm Schwenker, Ulm University
- Stefan Ultes, University of Cambridge
- Conference: March 7–9, 2018
- Abstract submission deadline (1 page): December 8, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: until December 17, 2017
- Camera-ready paper submission deadline: January 24, 2018
- Early registration deadline: February 4, 2018
Please send your Camera-ready paper as PDF document of maximum 8 page on time to January 24, 2018 by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ESSV 2018 is supported by: Daimler AG and Nuance Communications
Authors should use the following author kit to prepare the full papers for accepted submissions to ESSV 2018. Please refer to the included template PDF for detailed formatting instructions.
LaTex Author Kit
Word Author Kit
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Ulm in March 2018, and to receiving many exciting contributions!
André Berton, Udo Haiber, Wolfgang Minker